How to Register Online for UPSC Exam?
It is important to carefully fill up the application form for the UPSC examination as there are several cases where the candidate’s application gets rejected because of mistakes made in the form. Before proceeding any further, you should first check the eligibility criteria. Here is a guide to help you out in the process.
1. Open the official website of the UPSC (https://www.upsc.gov.in/). On the right-hand side of the page, you will find ‘Apply Online’; click on it. This link will direct you to another page.
2. The second option on the page is, ‘Online Application for Various Examinations.’ Click on it.
you can directly go to- https://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
Please note - When no examination is open for application or when the last date to apply has passed, the exam will not be available here.
3. After you are directed to the new page, you will find a list of applications. You have to find out the one for ‘Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination’. Click on ‘Part I Registrations’.
4. Before filling the form, read the instructions on how to fill the form carefully. Keep your photograph ready with the dimensions and specifications mentioned. Before you start filling out the form, keep other scanned documents like your signature ready before proceeding further.
5. In the Part I Registration, fill up all the personal details, educational qualifications, and address. Check if all the details provided are correct and submit it. After you are done, you need to go on to Part II Registration.
6. Go back to the previous page of Ongoing Application Forms, click on ‘Part II Registrations.
7. Log in with Registration ID and date of birth. Fill up the payment details; upload the photograph, signature, photo ID card document, and declaration. Check all the details and submit the form.
Note- The scanned documents should be submitted in pdf format and be within 20 KB to 300 KB. Once the form is submitted, changes cannot be made. Therefore, it is advisable to recheck the form thoroughly before submitting it.
UPSC Application Fee
The CSE application fee for 2020 was 100 rupees.
-Females, SC, ST, and people with benchmark disabilities are exempted from payment of fees.
-Candidates can pay the fees through online or offline mode.
-Candidates paying online can pay it through net banking of State Bank of India or Visa/Master/RuPay/Credit/Debit card.
-Candidates can pay the fees offline through any State Bank of India branch. They must take a print out of the system generated challan (pay-in slip) and deposit it at an SBI branch on the next working day itself.